Universal San Antonio Resort is a theme park resort owned by Universal Parks & Resorts, located at Universal City, Texas (Near San Antonio, Texas) which consists of threre theme parks,a waterpark, a downtown Universal City Walk San Antonio, and 6 hotels. It opened on July 27, 1964 as Universal Studios San Antonio.
Universal Studios San Antoino Edit
a movie and television-based theme park. Opened on July 27, 1964.
- Production Lot/Hollywood - The main section of the park themed to movie studio lots. Opened on July 27, 1964.
- New York - Themed to New York. Opened on July 27, 1964.
- San Francisco - Themed to San Francisco. Opened on July 27, 1964.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Diagon Alley - Based on the Harry Potter franchise. Opened on June 21, 2011. Replaced: Western Town
- The DreamWorks Experience - Themed to DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Classics. Opened on May 5, 2005.
- Hard Rock Studios - focused on music industry. Opened on July 27, 1964. Sponsored by: Sonos Sound.
- Adventureniversal - An Area Themed To Universal Adventure Movies with 4 Sub-Areas Such As Jurassic Park,Amity Beach,Ancient Egypt & Skull Iland Opened on July 27, 1985.
- Amity Beach - inspired by Jaws films. Opened on July 27, 1985.
- Jurassic Park - based on Jurassic Park series. Opened on July 7, 1993
- Ancient Egypt - Themed to the Mummy franchise Opened on May 13, 2006
- Skull Island - based on King Kong. Opened on May 3, 2017
- Cartooniversal (Formerly as Cartoon Land in 1985-2001) - An area focusing on cartoons Opened on July 7, 1985
- Toon Lagoon - An area themed to cartoons Opened on July 7, 1999
- WB Kids Place - An area themed to Looney Tunes, Hanna Barbera, DC Comics and other WB animation series founded as Looney Tunes Zone in 1964-1993, and founded as Hanna Barbera Land in 1964-1996 as a joint-venture with Columbia Pictures TV 1964-1966, Taft Broadcasting 1966-1992, KECO ent. 1972-1992, Paramount Communications 1993-1994, Viacom 1994-1996, and Paramount Parks 1993-1996.
- Nickelodeon Central - An Area Themed to Nickelodeon Shows Opened on July 7, 1999
- The Great Valley - An Area Themed To The Land Before Time Opened on July 7, 1999 Trivia: it is the largest sub-area in Tooniversal. Sponsored by: Coca-Cola (1999-present)
- Universal Wonderland - a section aimed at children and families. Opened in February 5th 1995, it contains three themed sub-zones including Snoopy Studios, Hello Kitty's Fashion Avenue, and Sesame Street Fun Zone.
- KidZone - A Kids Area Themed to Woody Woodpecker Other Universal Kids Rides, Preschool Shows,Dr Seuss,PBS Kids,Curious George,The Wiggles Scholastic, and Bear Country U.S.A Opened on July 27, 2000.
- PBS Kids: Forest of Fun - A sub Area Themed to PBS Kids shows. Opened on May 27, 2002.
- Seuss Landing - An sub Area Themed To Dr Seuss Opened on July 27, 2000
- Bear Country U.S.A - A sub Area Themed to The Bearestein Bears Opened on July 27, 2000.
- Springfield USA - themed to The Simpsons Opened on June 2, 2011.
Current Rides and Attractions
Universal's Islands of Discovery Edit
a theme park focuses on TBA Opened on June 18, 1996
- Port of Entry - Main Entrance of the park Opened on June 18,1996
- The Land of Sid and Marty Krofft - An Area Themed To Sid and Marty Krofft Productions Opened on June 18, 1996
- SEGA Sonic Green Hill Zone - An Area Themed Sonic The Hedgehog Opened on April 9, 2002
- The Story World of Eric Carle - Themed to Eric Carle books such as The Very Hungry Caterpillar Opened on June 18, 1996